Monday, March 22, 2010

Thai Massage Training Level 2--Portland, OR

I just finished another 40-hour Thai Massage training at the Naga Center in Portland, Oregon. This class breaks the 300- hour mark for me, and was by far my favorite. I would like to thank Lauren, Jessica, Amy, Bob, Jim, Beni, Shelley, and Susan for making it such a wonderful class. And I would especially like to thank my teacher, Nephyr Jacobsen, for giving her time, expertise, and great attitude once again.

For those who don't know, Thai massage is one aspect of Thai Traditional Medicine. Developed in Thailand over many years, Thai Massage consists of acupressure, gentle rocking, compressions, range of motion movements, and yogic stretching that combined create a singular healing experience. In my experience and training, Thai Massage is unsurpassed in its ability to affect healing change in a person and lasting results. Even though it is an ancient art, Thai Massage can be used to help people recover from many modern neuromuscular ailments such as tendinitis, sciatica, restless leg syndrome, thoracic outlet syndrome, and low back pain just to name a few. In my opinion, Thai Massage techniques in the hands and feet of a loving, skilled practitioner are able to produce lasting, positive changes that are unsurpassed by any body-centered healing art.

This is the first of many posts about Thai Massage, Neuromuscular Therapy, Bodywork, Anatomy and Physiology, and Alternative Health that I will be sharing.

2 comments:

  1. I'll do better with the spelling next time. This is a learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice goin' doc. Can you also help technophobes get a website going? hint hint

    ReplyDelete